COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR OUR PATIENTS
The health and safety of our patients is our top priority. We have enhanced our always stringent infection control protocols to protect our patients and staff.
Some of our safety measures include:
- Doctor and staff have all tested negative for COVID-19. All team members are screened for fever and symptoms every workday upon arrival.
- Patients are screened via telephone for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperature taken with a touchless forehead thermometer prior to their appointment.
- Doctor and staff wear full PPE during all patient interactions. Patients are required to wear a face mask while in the building except while receiving treatment. Dr. and staff wear facemasks at all times during working hours.
- We have temporarily closed our waiting room to minimize contact between patients. We ask all patients to wait in their automobile until called into the building for their appointment. Patients will not have need to touch any door handles, nor surfaces, other than the treatment chair, which is disinfected with hospital grade virucides, effective against Corona Virus, after each patient. Patients will hand sanitize upon entering the building and prior to check out. Staff sanitize hands countless times throughout the day.
- Exam rooms and equipment are thoroughly sterilized and/or sanitized between each patient.
- HEPA/UVC air filtration systems run continuously in each treatment room. Room air undergoes exchange six times per hour in combination with air drawn in from outside the building.
- We have minimized the use of aerosol procedures and instituted the use of highspeed evacuation systems with dental hygiene procedures
- Should aerosol generating procedures be necessary, they are done in a closed room, with the use of high speed intraoral evacuation and high speed extraoral evacuation, drastically reducing aerosols. HEPA, plasma, and UVC air filtration, in combination with four HVAC systems drawing air from outside the building, provide air filtration and exchange in our treatment rooms.
- Plexiglass panels have been installed at check-in/check-out. Touchless credit card payment options are available.
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Patients are asked to arrive a few minutes before their appointment time, remain in their vehicle, and phone into the office, (662-9042), to inform us of your arrival. Following updating of the COVID-19 screening questionnaire, patients will be asked to wait in their vehicle until they are called into the office by a staff member who will display their first name on a whiteboard at the doorway. Calling patients into the building in this manner minimizes contact with other patients.
- Per Center for Disease Control guidelines, nonpatient drivers & guests must remain in their vehicles during the patient’s appointment, unless assistance is needed, or the patient is a young child. A person accompanying the patient will be subject to same protocols of face mask, temperature taken, hand sanitizing, and COVID-19 screening.
- Upon entry into the vestibule of the building, while wearing their own face mask, patients will have their temperature taken with a touchless forehead thermometer, will hand sanitize, then will be led directly to the treatment room, touching no surfaces.
- Following dental treatment, patients will don their face mask, exit the treatment area and hand sanitize prior to check out.
We ask for your understanding as we attempt to maintain the safest dental environment possible during this pandemic. If you have any questions about your upcoming visit, feel free to call us at 309-662-9042.